I did my medical traning in a Nordic country 

Are you already a member in another Nordic country?
If you are a member of a medical association in another Nordic country, you have access to a limited selection of our members service and guidance for up to six months, without applying for a membership. 

If you plan to work in Denmark for more than six months, join the Danish Medical Association now and get access to all the member benefits straight away - such as the free liability insurance.

All doctors who did their medical training outside Denmark (including those from the Nordic countries) must have a Danish authorisation to be able to practise medicine in Denmark, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands.

If you have finished Allemantjanstgoring/AT (Sweden), allemanutbildning (Finland), Turnustjanstgoring (Norway) or allmanutbildning (Iceland) then you automatically receive a licence to practise by the Danish Health and Medicines Authority. 

You apply or register for authorisation at the Danish Health and Medicines Authority. Read more and apply here

Where do I find jobs in the Danish health care sector?
All public medical positions, including training positions, are advertised at www.laegejob.dk.

General practitioners, specialised pratitioners, temporary positions and senior positions are advertised at http://ugeskriftet.dk/job
Positions in the medical industry and at private hospitals are advertised by the companies themselves. 

If you need to apply for a job in Denmark, we reccomend visiting the website www.workindenmark.dk

Salary and pension
These organisations negotiate your salary, pension and terms of employment: 

  • Danish Association of Junior Hospital Doctors, 
  • Danish Association of Medical Specialists - including specialised practitioners, 
  • Organisation of General Practitioners in Denmark.

We recommend that you contact the specific organisation for guidance on salaries, working conditions and pension, telephone +45 3544 8500.

For questions on your pension, please contact the Medical Doctors' Pension Fund